Monday, April 20, 2009

The rainy afternoons in New York

Another ruined collar. I seem to go through so many. Perhaps I should be investing in the, how are they called, the coveralls that I see these Americans wearing. That ugly blue canvas they are made of would surely support the weight of a man without a tear!

I jest, of course, I jest. I suppose my abuela would say the problem is not my collars, but my habit for being dangled by them. I admit this is a problem. At least this time it was for a woman, and not...well okay it is always a woman, but this one was particularly lovely. The men here in America look very ridiculous, but this woman, she was truly a wonderful sight – nearly as beautiful as her husband was ugly. Of course a flash of the del Sol jewels convinced him to set me down (but it did not save my collar!), and I was able to leap down into the sculpture garden below. This is a maneuver that I have been practicing against just such a scenario, and I think it went very well.

Oh, I have forgotten to tell why I am in New York! Well I had come to visit my friend Nick of the Century Club (this is the one with the monkey of jade) and then we were invited to see these arts – it was a painting, but I was distracted and then found myself being dangled. I don't know how it happened, but the painted was stolen and the building was lit on fire. In the end we saved the painting, however.

There was much mystery around this attempt of theft, but it seems like there will be adventure. Mr. Thorn the painter was a very strange man who I liked. I will be meeting him at his home tomorrow, but right now Nick and I are soon going to "hit the town" as they say here in New York. These thieves with guns had been hypnotized, it seems, playing a game of poker – and of course I must try to find this game and the man who is running it. His name is Boss Aprile, and I think he is important (and Mr. Thorn thinks so as well). Perhaps when I win his game I may buy some new collars! Hahah, joking again. I brought two dozens of spares.

Oh, Nick has finished his bathing. Wish me luck tonight!


- Carlos Guillermo M.R.T.F.H. del Sol

El Diamante

2 comments:

  1. Sol, ever the poet.

    You left out the bit about van Graeff reigning death unto all thugs stupid enough to try to take him on- it was a sight that made me wish I'd stayed in the service.

    I have a good feeling about tonight... I've been reflecting on my past too much lately. Hopefully going out and investigating (and meeting a dame or two) will help me focus.

    Fiat Noctem,
    -NW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senor-
    Your hirsute friend, having supped on the half-ton of choice beef you instructed me to bring in, is currently perusing the Northeast wing of the library.

    He has thoroughly *ahem* digested your Gryphon-hide bound copy of the Malificus maleficium, in addition to vols.V-IX of Flechart's Cryptozoological Compendium. Thinking it might placate him, I presented the...gentleman with one the Tijuana bibles that Ignacio keeps beneath the floorboards in his quarters. This only seemed to enrage him further, and I count myself fortunate to have escaped the library with my limbs intact.

    Really sir, I must protest. And regarding your prior instructions, I most certainly will NOT "give him a big kiss".

    ReplyDelete